SAN FRANCISCO, May 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The global recycled plastic market size is anticipated to reach USD 69.2 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., growing at a CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period. Increasing environmental concerns, rapid urbanization & industrialization, and the rising need to reduce the carbon footprint in the manufacturing of virgin plastic resin are expected to drive the demand for recycled plastics over the forecast period. The demand for recycled plastics is expected to increase mainly in the packaging application, which includes packaging of processed food & beverages, medical, electronics, and various other products, owing to the growing number of COVID-19 positive cases.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- The building & construction application segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR over the forecast period, in terms of revenue.
- The segment growth is attributed to the rising demand for recycled plastics in composite lumber, roofing tiles, insulation, rocks, and fences.
- The electrical & electronics application segment accounted for the maximum revenue share in 2021.
- This is attributed to the high demand for lightweight, durable electronics and electrically well-insulated products for reduced heat loss and improved performance of the electronic components and products.
- Asia Pacific accounted for the largest revenue share in 2021. The market in China recycled is estimated to witness significant growth to reach a net worth of USD 17.3 billion by 2030.
Read 110-page market research report, “Recycled Plastics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (PET, PVC), By Source (Plastic Bottles, Polymer Foam), By Application (Packaging, Automotive), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030“, published by Grand View Research.
Recycled Plastic Market Growth & Trends
The demand for medical & healthcare products has increased owing to the safety and hygiene required to tackle the pandemic situation. Amid the global COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for electrical & electronic products, such as laptops and mobiles, has increased as companies are following the work-from-home model and educational institutions have shifted from classroom learning to online classes. Thus, the growth in the demand for electrical & electronic products is expected to drive the market over the forecast period. The regional market of Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the fastest growth rate during the forecast period.
This growth can be attributed to various factors, such as the presence of supportive government initiatives like Make in India, Atmanirbhar Bharat (self-dependent India), rising number of manufacturers operating in the electrical & electronics, automotive, and textile industries, and increasing R&D investments by private as well as public organizations for the development of new applications for recycled plastics. In addition, various electronic products and automotive components manufacturing companies have started looking toward India for establishing their manufacturing facilities post-COVID-19 pandemic. This will also provide tremendous growth opportunities to the regional market in the years to come.
Recycled Plastics Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global recycled plastics market based on product, source, application, and region:
Recycled Plastics Market – Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2030)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polystyrene (PS)
Recycled Plastics Market – Source Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2030
- Plastic Bottles
- Plastic Films
- Polymer Foam
Recycled Plastics Market – Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2030)
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
Recycled Plastics Market – Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Southeast Asia
- Central & South America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
List of Key Players in Recycled Plastics Market
- REMONDIS SE & Co. KG
- Republic Services, Inc.
- WM Intellectual Property Holdings, L.L.C.
- Shell International B.V.
- Waste Connections
- CLEAN HARBORS, INC.
- Covetsro AG.
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Post-consumer Recycled Plastics In Consumer Electronics Market – The global post-consumer recycled plastics in consumer electronics market size is expected to reach USD 21.6 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.6% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing adoption of the post-consumer recycled plastic resin in consumer electronics production is projected to fuel the market growth during the forecast period. Growing e-waste has become a global concern, which many countries have started addressing. Many companies have started implementing post-consumer recycled plastics in their electronic products and included them in their sustainability goals.
- Post-consumer Recycled Plastics Market – The global post-consumer recycled plastics market size is anticipated to reach USD 16.7 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 10.6% over the forecast period. Increasing environmental concerns, growing urbanization, industrialization, and rising concerns to reduce the carbon footprint in the manufacturing of plastic resin are expected to drive the market
- Asia Pacific Recycled Plastics Market – The Asia Pacific recycled plastics market size is anticipated to reach USD 25.7 billion by 2025, exhibiting at a CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast period, according to a new study published by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for recycled films from various end-use industries is anticipated to drive the growth.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Plastics, Polymers & Resins Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Compass | Grand View Pipeline
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.