PARIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Regulatory News:
On 16 June, all Pernod Ricard (Paris:RI) employees from around the world will dedicate a whole day to learning, sharing, and having a positive and meaningful impact in their communities. First launched in 2011, Responsib’All Day is one day in the year dedicated to its Sustainability & Responsibility 2030 roadmap ‘Good Times from a Good Place’, and to having a real impact in the community. This year, the focus is on helping to protect and restore nature and biodiversity, in line with Pernod Ricard’s commitment to nurturing terroirs.
True to its vision, ‘Créateurs de Convivialité’, Pernod Ricard believes in sharing and working with others to strengthen what we do collectively. That’s why, all its affiliates are teaming with local partners and charities to learn from them and work on a wide variety of community projects. From planting trees in natural conservation areas and renovating green urban spaces, to collecting waste from beaches and rivers, the 2022 edition of Responsib’All Day aims to help employees understand the importance of nature around them while contributing to tangible projects near their offices and production sites in order to protect it.
Alexandre Ricard, the Group’s Chairman and CEO said: “Our company mission is to unlock the magic of human connection by bringing good times from a good place. Responsib’All Day is a perfect demonstration of how we bring this to life with our employees around the world. After two years of not being able to host Responsib’All Day, we are delighted to be able to roll up our sleeves and get back into our communities, to play our part in a true spirit of convivialité. We all have a role to play in building a more sustainable and responsible world.”
“Throughout the pandemic, we have continued to accelerate our Sustainability and Responsibility roadmap to nurture every terroir and its biodiversity. All our products come from nature, and we rely on well-functioning ecosystems to continue to produce our iconic brands now and for generations to come. That’s why we have been working hand in hand with our farmers and suppliers to implement sustainable and regenerative practices in our terroirs. Responsib’All Day is a way of ensuring that our employees understand the importance of preserving nature for our business and for the communities around them,” adds Vanessa Wright, Group Chief Sustainability Officer.
If you would like to get a glimpse of what helping local communities means for Pernod Ricard, you can watch the Responsib’All Day 2022 teaser here.
All our initiatives are listed on this interactive map, including:
- Paris-based affiliates – Pernod Ricard Headquarters, Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët, Havana Club International, Pernod Ricard EMEA, LATAM & MENA: All of the Paris teams are coming together to help restore an urban farm, rebuild infrastructure, create natural habitats for animals, restore gardens and create a convivial area for the community.
- Pernod Ricard France: In partnership with the French National Forestry Office, all employees will gather on Sainte-Marguerite Island to help nurture the pine trees, clean up the beach, build infrastructure to observe biodiversity and make upcycled furniture and signs.
- Chivas Brothers and Pernod Ricard UK: Across both Scotland and London, the teams, supported by Works4u, will work on renovating sustainable gardens and exhibits, planting wetland plants and creating stag beetle logger.
- Irish Distillers: In Midleton (Cork), teams will be improving biodiversity corridors and wellbeing spaces by introducing new planters, tree species, bee lodges and wildflower meadows; while in Dublin, teams will be creating a green space for a care home, creating walkways, building an outdoor canopy and planting new plant and tree species to strengthen biodiversity.
- The Absolut Company and Pernod Ricard Sweden: One team will be learning about biodiversity and sustainable agriculture at an urban farm, and another will be helping to restore nature by cleaning water and natural areas with partner “Keep Sweden Clean”.
- Pernod Ricard North America: In partnership with “Keep America Beautiful”, educational webinars raising awareness of the importance of restoring nature and promoting biodiversity will be taking place, as well as off-site restoration activities in community parks and gardens.
- Pernod Ricard Uruguay: Cleaning the El Bagre river and building a fence nearby to protect natural dunes.
- Pernod Ricard Ghana: Planting trees and treating the land to restore the abandoned mining site next to the Atewa forest.
- Pernod Ricard Cambodia: Restoring the ecosystem by planting mangrove trees in a deforested area.
Responsib’All Day is a reflection of the Group’s long-term commitment to supporting its communities, partners and employees. Most recently, the Group donated €1 million to support the work of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and doubled the amount of any donation made by its employees to support those people in Ukraine impacted by the war. The Group also largely supported its partners during the Covid crisis by offering alcohol for hydroalcoholic gel preparation or building dedicated programs to support its employees’ mental and physical well-being while they worked from home.
About Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard is the No.2 worldwide producer of wines and spirits with consolidated sales amounting to €8,824 million in fiscal year FY21. The Group, which owns 16 of the Top 100 Spirits Brands, holds one of the most prestigious and comprehensive portfolios in the industry with over 240 premium brands distributed across more than 160 markets. Pernod Ricard’s portfolio includes Absolut Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute, and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Malibu liqueur, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes, as well Jacob’s Creek, New Zealand Wines, Campo Viejo, Mumm Sparkling and Kenwood wines. Pernod Ricard’s strategy focuses on investing in long-term and sustainable growth for all its stakeholders, remaining true to its founding values: entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust, and strong sense of ethics. The Group’s decentralised organisation empowers its 18,500 employees to be on-the-ground ambassadors of its vision of “Créateurs de Convivialité”. Pernod Ricard 2030 Sustainability and Responsibility roadmap “Good Times from a Good Place” is integrated into all its activities from grain to glass, and Pernod Ricard is recognised as a UN Global Compact LEAD participant for its contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Pernod Ricard is listed on Euronext (Ticker: RI; ISIN Code: FR0000120693) and is part of the CAC 40 and Eurostoxx 50 indices.